Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia's forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you on the road.
  • Page:

TOPIC: tennate creek

tennate creek 2 months 1 week ago #16183

• phil b
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
hi everyone we are on a three month holiday to Darwin and then into Queensland and have been told not to stop at tennate creek I just would like to know
if anyone has had trouble in that town we will be there in about a week
regards
Phil b
The administrator has disabled public write access.

tennate creek 2 months 1 week ago #16185

• joe50
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Phil, do you mean Tennant Creek?

Joe

tennate creek 2 months 1 week ago #16186

• sands
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 299
I take it you mean Tennant Creek Phil.

We stayed in the CP there which was OK.
But the yelling, screaming and brawling in the streets went on until around 3am.

It's a "drive straight through town " for us from now on.
Last night as I was on the stair
I saw a man that wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish he'd bloody go away.

tennate creek 2 months 1 week ago #16189

• sharon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 312
Hi phil b,

Negativity is not something that we see on this forum, nor really encourage, but do we have a story on Coober Pedy!
It's been a few years since we have been to Tennant Creek so sorry, can't help you there.
Between our ute and a mates ute, all 3 combined Engel fridges were emptied in a short space of time whilst we were playing 'tourist'.
For the last 10 years we have travelled with our red cattle dog but because part of this small adventure involved the Simpson Desert where dogs aren't permitted, we left Tom with a family member. Rumps, ham, cheese, beer and even a jar of pickles that was 1cm deep in pickles went walkabout. Nothing got broken into, just the emptying of the fridges that were easily accessible on the back of both utes.
We didn't bother notifying the police but security did. No point in pursuing our $100 loss because of the way the law works. More later.

Cheers!
Sharon

tennate creek 2 months 5 days ago #16192

• Muzzy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
Hello Phil

I have a long history with the NT and Tenn ant Creek. I was there in June last and year and place to drive thru this June. Sadly Tennant has a poor reputation and from my experience some of which is warranted stemming from public anti social behaviour. Nonetheless the town it self provides reasonable goods and service ranging from a worthy supermarket, cafe's, service stations, motels and caravan parks are very reasonable (supported by comments on WikiCamps). BUT....just take every day precautions to protect your belongings and safety as you would anywhere else.
Muzzy

tennate creek 2 months 5 days ago #16193

• sharon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 312
"Just take every day precautions to protect your belongings and safety as you would anywhere else."

You are right Muzzy. Now that this 'episode' has become a memory, I agree we should have been more diligent and not so relaxed. At home we are more diligent.
Yes, it can affect the town as a whole and the township was most interesting and accommodating. No fault on the town of Coober Pedy and I will recommend a visit.

Hi phil b,

We frequent the NT quite a bit. May I recommend a overnight stay at the Daly Waters pub? We call in most trips on our north bound voyage to Darwin and love the grassy, shady campground, food and entertainment that they provide. Let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Sharon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon