× Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia's forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you on the road.

Topic-icon Almost there...!!!

More
6 months 2 days ago #16229 by DD
DD created the topic: Almost there...!!!
Hi all,
We're Damien and Danni and cant wait to join you all on the road :)
We are only in our 40s but figure life's too short so why not?!
We'll be hitting the road in about 3 years for a permanent road trip (only coming home if we need too) and are currently setting ourselves up for our new life.
We have bought the van, will upgrade the car in 2 years, work for 3 more years then we're gone, gone, gone!!!!!
We wanted to join this site to listen to your adventures, learn from your experiences, and plan ahead
Cheers
DD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 days ago #16230 by Dingoblue
Dingoblue replied the topic: Almost there...!!!
Welcome Damian & Danni :),

Your going to be living the dream :) Fellow Nomad here, currently in Port Macquarie, saving to purchase my next Wheels, it will be a Mazda E2000 Maxi, cant afford anything else atm :(

Am looking for Other Nomads whom are doing the East Coast in the Seasons :)

Any other Nomads in the area, hit me up :)

Ron

Ron J Duck

More
6 months 1 day ago #16231 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: Almost there...!!!
Hello DD,

Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia!

No one is too young or too old to join our site. We encourage all who wish to discover Australia as it is a lifestyle we thoroughly recommend. When Smed and my adventures started we were a tad younger. Smed had his 40th in Cape York where we were station sitting Moreton Telegraph Station at the time. He was happily catching barramundi in the billabongs or chasing wild cattle with the locals that were trucked to Mareeba abs. He had his 50th in the NT where we enjoyed a helifishing adventure. I've had a few birthdays on the road too but opt for things like a feed at the Oyster Bar in Fremantle.
:)

You may have discovered the Before You Go tab on this site which briefly covers several aspects of what to expect plus products to look into. Also there is the Article tab where you can read of fellow nomads travels and experiences. Every one has a unique memory to share and we look forward to you two creating your own memories.

Do you plan on working your way around? Have you determined where you might head first? Please don't hesitate to ask for info via this forum. We have many seasoned grey nomads on this site.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers,
Sharon

• Drifters
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
More
6 months 20 hours ago #16237 by Drifters
Drifters replied the topic: Almost there...!!!
Welcome DD
You have already started the excitement of putting your rig together and the anticipation of getting out and about. No doubt you will find the time for some short trips to get the hang of it all and work out what you need and don't need. It is quite usual to start out with too much loaded in the van only to discover you never use it.
Have fun working it all out. :)

More
6 months 20 hours ago #16238 by spalas
spalas replied the topic: Almost there...!!!
welcome DD

we are just about to hit the road again i am in my late 60s and wife is a couger in her early 70s we wil be heading north next week i hope with no more hold ups have the van just about ready and only have to do the wheel bearings and wait for my new solar battery mine died yesterday and do a service on the tug hopefully son will have bought our satelite tv box for us he is a good son then everything is a go go its getting to cold down here in vic so time to head north

roy and mia (spalas)

if its not broken dont try to fix it I can be contacted on 0429160345

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #16254 by smed
smed replied the topic: Almost there...!!!
Hi DD,

I'd still be on the road permanent but the wife wanted a house fix after 5 years of caravanning. We now go on seasonal adventures or to a specific location, our last being the Simpson and Great Victoria deserts. Plan your rig but my suggestion is not to plan your itinerary. You'd surprise yourself how often you change your plans due to whatever arises. We thought it would take 2 years to see this country. It has been many more and we still haven't seen it all.

Smed

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon