× Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia's forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you on the road.

Topic-icon Hello

• Suggy
  • Suggy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #16314 by Suggy
Suggy created the topic: Hello
Hello everyone. We are brand new Nomads.
Picked up our brand new Crusader Caravan last Friday week and drove straight to Mullumbimby Show Grounds Caravan Park to practice how everything works in the Van.
Originally we were going to stay 4 days, however 8 days later we were still there.
Met some lovely people who were happy to pass one their knowledge to us "Newbies).
Going on a week trip to Forster next month to see family and then at the end of September heading to Bowen for 6 weeks. Looking forward to meeting some of you along the way.

Jan and Peter Sugg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #16315 by spalas
spalas replied the topic: Hello
HELLO SUGGY

we are currently ay redbank plains near ipswich and we try to get away from victoria for winter now currently waiting for a friend to get his motorhome back from the mechanic then we are off to texas and around that area till its time for us to return to victoria about early september anyway welcome to the forum lots of info on here

roy and mia (spalas)

if its not broken dont try to fix it I can be contacted on 0429160345

More
4 months 1 week ago #16316 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: Hello
Hi Suggy,

Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia!

Exciting times ahead for you. We were in Forster recently plus surrounding areas such as Wingham, Harrington and Port Macquarie. The pub at Coopernook is on the river and has room for free camping too. It's been a while since we last visited Bowen but I do love the way they have done up the foreshore. Things may have changed but we were helping ourselves to free oysters at the end of the jetty on low tide. We have a 12 foot tinny with a 15 Yamaha and would also visit Gloucester Island. I personally had a 2 day career at Bowen picking tomatoes, but failed miserably. How was I to know you had to pick the green ones, not the red ones? :silly:

Be sure to keep us all posted with your new adventures and discoveries. :)

Cheers,
Sharon

• Suggy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 6 days ago #16317 by Suggy
Suggy replied the topic: Hello
Thank you for your warm welcomes Sharon and the Spalas,

The Texas area is lovely, although it can be very cold there as well.

Sharon, I would have probably ONLY picked the RED ones. Will check out the pub in Coopernook.

What park were you in at Forster ?

Suggy

More
4 months 6 days ago #16318 by Bucket List
Bucket List replied the topic: Hello
Hi Suggy,

You are living my dream LOL! I only do small trips as I am not set up for long term. I have camped at Lani's Holiday park in Forster along the lake near the camp kitchen. It was a pleasant stay and not far from town itself. I certainly wasn't roughing it, not with the Paradise waterfront café in town LOL! Good coffee and a beautiful outlook for most breakfasts for me. I've been to the pub at Coopernook too. Big 2 storey overlooking the river with typical pub feeds. Generous and affordable. You will love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suggy

• Suggy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 5 days ago #16319 by Suggy
Suggy replied the topic: Hello
Thank you Bucket List

I will certainly check out Lanis Holiday Park. Do you know if it is pet friendly ?

Thanks

Suggy

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon