× No matter how large or small the query, we will all benefit by whatever answers come this way.

Topic-icon What to Pack????

• ricdot
  • ricdot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #2982 by ricdot
ricdot created the topic: What to Pack????
Hi fellow travellers we are wondering if you would mind sharing with us your tips on what to take, and any hints for travelling as we don't seem to get it right.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nofixedaddress
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #2992 by nofixedaddress
nofixedaddress replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
G,day ricdot,
You have asked the $64000 question.I think we all wish it was that easy.We have done a lot of travelling over the years and are still taking too much stuff or buying something we need because we didn't think we would need it when we packed.But here is a starter for you.Thumbing through some old caravan/motorhome magazines yesterday,I came across the same question asked of an old television celebrity who is still touring around.The first thing he packed for every trip was his sense of humour.Hope this helps.

nofixedaddress

More
5 years 9 months ago #2995 by MadNoMad
MadNoMad replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
G'Day RicDot,

I would second the sense of humour, but one important thing we have found is in regard to clothes. We have whittled our wardrobes down to as many lightweight materials as possible. This way our clobber dries fast and this is good if your on the move a lot, plus we follow the sun a fair bit so less is more if you know what I mean. It's also amazing how you have to keep shuffling the cloths so it doesn't seem like you only have two or three outfits. :laugh:

Cheers & beers
Geoff

A smile but lasts awhile, the memory can last forever... I smile a lot when I'm knock'n back a coldy...

More
5 years 9 months ago #2996 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
Hi Ricdot,

Where to start?
Toothbrush, clean socks, pillow, camera, knife and fork, only kidding :)
It is a tricky question to answer as I think it mainly depends on where you plan to go, what you plan to do and for how long.

We packed everything imaginable when we travelled for 5 years and found for months on end something wasn't getting used. Examples would be heavy winter clothing, fishing gear and books. So a lesson learnt for us was to have the basics then buy what you need as you go if on a very long adventure. I soon found many book exchanges to cut down on book storage, Smed hired scuba gear when the fishing scene changed and an allrounder flanny and jacket sufficed as opposed to a full winter wardrobe.

This may answer 3% of your question but something to think about.

Cheers,
Sharon

• ricdot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #2998 by ricdot
ricdot replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
G'day no fixed address,
What great advise.
I know there is nothing set in cement but I just don't seem to get the mix right so I thought I w
ould just ask.
Thank you so much, every little bit helps.
regards ricdot

• ricdot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #2999 by ricdot
ricdot replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
G'day no fixed address,
What great advise.
I know there is nothing set in cement but I just don't seem to get the mix right so I thought I w
ould just ask.
Thank you so much, every little bit helps.
regards ricdot

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon