× No matter how large or small the query, we will all benefit by whatever answers come this way.

Topic-icon What to Pack????

• ricdot
  • ricdot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #3070 by ricdot
ricdot replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
Hello Jess and Andy,
many thanks for your reply I am taking all the advise on board and hopefully we may get it almost right.
Happy travelling.
Regards Ric and Dot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #3078 by B-T
B-T replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
Start with the minimum- just the basics and add as you really need. EG we carry only casual clothes that require no ironing. Formal wear is jeans and a good casual shirt. We have no hanging cupboards only shelves and designed that way

Mark all your utensil and other 'stuff' with a stick-on dot. As you use it take the dot off. After a few months do an audit and chuck out anything with a dot on it. This is a good exersize to do periodically.

John

More
5 years 8 months ago #3128 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
I totally agree with clothes that don't need ironing, B-T. Why iron when you could be out enjoying the scenery? ;)

I also like your auditing idea. It could even boil down to one wooden spoon or T'shirt that has never been used, but storage and weight can be precious, so great tip. Thanx!

Cheers,
Sharon

• dillydallying
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #3129 by dillydallying
dillydallying replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
Good auditing tip. Now to remove all the size 8 outfits that have been collecting dust for too long. What was I thinking? LOL!

• Mills-on-Wheels
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #16339 by Mills-on-Wheels
Mills-on-Wheels replied the topic: Re:What to Pack????
Hi everyone,

I've just re read this topic and thought to myself how things have changed in so little time. Technology has helped storage issues with ipods or tablets that are your camera, video. gps, mail box, entertainment etc. External hard disk drives can hold 1000's of songs and movies plus save your precious photos. Mobiles or a USB will play hundreds of songs on your stereo eliminating the need to pack CDs. An e-reader has already been mentioned to save on books needing storage, but I admit I like the old paperback too.

Clothing at Kmart and the like can actually be cheaper than second hand shops so if you buy a singlet for $4, who cares if it becomes a rag after a season.

Have I forgotten anything? I'm sure I have.

Bye,
Jess and Andy

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon