Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
No matter how large or small the query, we will all benefit by whatever answers come this way.

TOPIC: CARAVAN ACCIDENTS

CARAVAN ACCIDENTS 3 months 2 weeks ago #16294

• Muzzy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
Hello fellow Nomads. Just a gentle reminder of the need to drive safely and beware of high winds. There were two serious accidents on the Stuart Highway between Port Augusta over the last few days. A total rollover with the caravan and tow vehicle both being gutted by fire just south of Glendambo and south of Mataranka another rollover resulting in a total right off. The wind has been ferocious particularly on the Stuart Highway between Tennant Creek and Mataranka. The easterlies of the Barkly Tablelands are very strong. Most of us are experienced RVer's and take the time to understand weather conditions, but it pays to have a gentle reminder. As I understand it nobody in both accidents were seriously hurt. Thank You Muzzy
Muzzy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CARAVAN ACCIDENTS 3 months 1 week ago #16297

• sharon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 312
Thank you Muzzy for the gentle reminder. We have come across some unfortunate caravans on our travels.
Safe travels everyone!
:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzy

CARAVAN ACCIDENTS 1 month 3 weeks ago #16341

• Mills-on-Wheels
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Wow! I wonder what actually happened. You hear so many things as you meet people doing the same as you but in so many variations of set ups. Whether true or not, we have heard that single axle caravans can easily flip if you get one flat tyre. Looking at that Kedron photo with dual axles I am now curious. Do you know what happened to these caravans Sharon?

Bye,
Jess and Andy
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon