Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Create a 'happy hour' ambience online by relating and commenting on GNA's articles. Your input is encouraged and important to us all.

TOPIC: Happy hour

Happy hour 6 years 4 months ago #1849

• de-tour
This story was obviously written by a true happy hour veteran. I couldn't have described it better myself.

De-tour
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Happy hour 6 years 4 months ago #1911

• Mills-on-Wheels
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi De-tour,

I totally agree, the happy hour story explains it as it is. People are more social when on the road and can't help but come over and say hello. Conversations generally start with where are you from and where are you headed, after that we just talk and talk and talk. We have met many top people and heard some great tales. Jess often cooks up some nibble food and I am the one in charge of chilling the refreshments. Which reminds me I have a job to do.

Andy

Re:Happy hour 6 years 4 months ago #1914

• the2ofus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • IT"S A HARD LIFE BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO IT
  • Thank you received: 59
You guys are wetting my appetite. Chill one for me Andy. I'm starting to walk in circles at the moment as I ponder what lies ahead.
Ted
Life is beautiful

Re:Happy hour 1 month 3 weeks ago #16340

• Mills-on-Wheels
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Just pointing out that happy hour is not only a sociable gathering but also a source of useful information. Usually you meet people who have just travelled the road you are about to embark on and can give you the latest updates. They might include the condition of the road, something to stop and look at along the way, which roadhouse is trying to rip you off (fondly nicknamed Ned Kellys) or caravan parks to avoid. On that subject, AVOID Bellhaven Caravan park at Heatherbrae NSW. It houses some very very, and I mean Very, undesirable permanents.

Bye,
Jess and Andy

Re:Happy hour 1 month 3 weeks ago #16345

• Topender
  • Junior Boarder
G'day Jess and Andy,

I reckon that's why van parks have boom gates. To keep you IN once you've committed. :)
In a while, crocodile
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon