• Bucket List
  • Bucket List's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #15563 by Bucket List
Bucket List created the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Grey Nomads,

I am single, female (sounds like I've just joined a dating site LOL) I chose Bucket List as my username because becoming a grey nomad is exactly that. I reside on the Central Coast in NSW and wish to travel. I have read all the articles and many posts on this site and feel excited that others have managed to travel regardless of health, wealth, etc. I also love the inspirational reads on your facebook page, the last one saying No reason to stay is a good reason to go. I feel like all the messages are directed at me LOL. Of course I have to buy a small motorhome or something first but it never hurts to dream in the meantime.

:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #15587 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Bucket List,

Welcome to Grey Nomads Australia!

Happy to hear you are enjoying our site and fb page. I believe the lifestyle is doable if your willing to have a go. Have you read the info under our 'Before You Go' tab as well?

We look forward to hearing more from you. Meanwhile, keep the dream alive :)

Cheers,
Sharon

• Bucket List
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #15597 by Bucket List
Bucket List replied the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Sharon,

Yes I have. Believe me I have read everything and watch shows that torment me too, including Outback Truckers LOL. Anything that gives me insight into what Australia looks like beyond the walls I live in is very exciting. I cannot wait to have a look personally. Following advice on this forum I am considering hiring a small motor home to have a taste as you lot put it. They vary with some having a fridge and microwave, some just a basic van with a bed in it, some very big and probably too overwhelming for me. The topic on fuel is interesting, I thought it would be a lot more expensive but some areas are cheaper than the CC.

More
1 year 6 months ago #15605 by sharon
sharon replied the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Bucket List,

I just happened to watch Outback Truckers last night. As the Simpson Desert is on our 'bucket list' it was intriguing to watch the 17 litre V8 recovery truck MAN leave Birdsville to retrieve those fellas. I noted that their roof rack was full when first loaded on the recovery vehicle, but was empty later. Must have been a rough ride. I happen to love red dirt (don't really know why) and look forward to spending some time amongst it, hopefully inclusive of wildflowers.

Hiring a campervan or motorhome would be a good idea. Let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Sharon

• Bucket List
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 5 months ago #15616 by Bucket List
Bucket List replied the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Sharon,

Yes, very interesting the Birdsville truck. I will let you know how I am coming along.

More
1 year 5 months ago #15617 by sands
sands replied the topic: My Bucket List
G'day Bucket List,

The last thing you want is the Birdsville truck going into the Simpson to get you.
I think it is around $400 per hour from when they leave Birdswille until they get back.

There is also one at Mt. Dare. ( the western side of the Simpson )

Enjoy your travels when you get going. It is a great lifestyle.

Cheers, Brian

Last night as I was on the stair
I saw a man that wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish he'd bloody go away.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon