Topic-icon My Bucket List

• Bucket List
  • Bucket List's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
8 months 1 week ago #16077 by Bucket List
Bucket List replied the topic: My Bucket List
Sadly no Phil. Finances are proving to be difficult. Why do us humans need money to enjoy life? It's so over rated. However I have enjoyed a couple of weekends on a friends farm in a tent. Something I can afford lol. My bucket list will not be deterred, one day I will get there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #16086 by spalas
spalas replied the topic: My Bucket List
bucket list we bought our viscount pop top about 14 years ago and just kept updating what we could and now have a van with solar and hot water and set up with what we need to totally free camp it has taken a while but we have got there till i get a new idea so just keep working on it and one day you will get there our tug is just about ours fully and we are only on a pension so find it hard sometimes but find it is cheaper to live on the road than be at home all the time

roy and mia (spalas)

if its not broken dont try to fix it I can be contacted on 0429160345

• Bucket List
  • Bucket List's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #16348 by Bucket List
Bucket List replied the topic: My Bucket List
Hi Drifters and Spalas and everyone else.

I decided to make something happen because otherwise it was not happening LOL. I've updated from a tent to a hire van as Spalas suggested. And again a hire van as Drifters suggested. I've found that this is most affordable and helps with learning what I need for the real adventure. I may only be enjoying a few days at a time but it is better than not at all. The first hire van was a Toyota Hiace petrol auto that had a small fridge, sink and 2 burner stove. At the back of the van was the dining table and chairs which folded down to be my bed. It was super easy to drive around once I got the hang of the wheels being underneath me, not in front and easy to set up for bedtime. But I found I was a little bent over whilst utilising the back of the van. Sooo, next hire was the same but with a high roof. Much better when cooking and washing up, etc. It had a pull out bed above the other bed which I used to stash my wardrobe, couldn't imagine climbing up there to sleep LOL. They average to be around the $80 a day mark, I can't wait for the warmer months to play in one. Too cold in the winter, they don't have air con. But for long term no toilet, shower or wardrobe space. I'm happy with making this step and will comfortably endeavour further.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Advertise with GNA

About GNA

Shop GNA

• Coming soon
  • Newsletter
  • Coming soon